Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year 2013

 
It's a new year 2013 already! It feels as if 2012 just flew by in a flash.  Gudiya was asking me about the new year celebrations in India. I recalled that in Mumbai, we would see an old man rag doll representing the year gone by. I wonder if they still do that in Mumbai?
 
We had gone to a watch and dine movie theatre recently to watch "The life of Pi". The movie was amazing. Frankly, I wasn't so sure about the "dine" part in the theatre. I did have a preconceived notion that the food would be greasy and not so healthy. We ordered vegetable crudites as I was intrigued to see "Jicama" on the list. I must admit that it was really wonderful. The crudites plate consisted of very fresh and juicy strips of celery, baby carrots, peeled jicama and pizza with a bowl of hummus. It was delicious.
 
We had a serious case of foodie hangover over past few days. Actually it's going on since Diwali. There were just way too many parties and functions - Diwali, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Office Holiday Parties -  so on a new year day I have decided to serve something healthy and simple. Vegetable Crudites it is!
 
Have a wonderful, peaceful and healthy new year!


Print Page

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs