Monday, December 10, 2012
Potato Curry (dry)
5-6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, boiled, peeled and cut
1 cup roughly chopped onion
salt to taste
Grind to a coarse paste
1/2 cup freshly scraped coconut
5-6 byadgi chilies, roast in a few drops of coconut oil before grinding
3/4 tsp coriander seeds
3/4 tsp urad daal
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 tsp tamarind paste
1 1/2 tsp Coconut oil
2 springs of curry leaves, torn
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1. Grind coconut masala to a coarse paste.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add curry leaves. As they sizzle, add onion and saute till it turns golden.
3. Add potatoes. Saute for 1 minute.
4. Add coconut masala. Add 1/2 cup water, salt to taste.
5. Mix well. Let it come for a boil. Switch gas to low. Let it simmer till it has dryish consistency.
This curry goes very well with dosas/polay or fulkas.