Friday, December 21, 2012

Almond Biscotti

I wanted to try the "Hazelnut Biscotti" recipe from the back of Bob's Red Mill White Flour packet. Since I didn't have hazelnuts, I decided to use almond slivers. I thought that the flavor of orange zest would go really well with almonds instead of powdered fennel seeds. I was happy to see the result!

Original Recipe -

Almond Orange Biscotti
1 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Organic Unbleached White Flour
1 tsp Orange Zest
1/2 cup coarsely ground almonds
1/4 cup almond slivers/slices
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder

Cream together
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey, warm
1 egg
1 tsp Orange essence

1. Preheat oven 325 F
2. Grease the baking sheet.
3.Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
4. Mix well. Divide into 2 or 4 parts*.
5. Roll into logs
6. Place on the baking sheet 4" apart
7. Flatten slightly.
8. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
9. When cooled, cut diagonally.
10. Place again on the baking sheet, 1/2" apart.
11. Bake again for 10 - 12 minutes

Note -
1. * I lwanted  to make a batch of small biscottis so I divided the dough into 4 parts instead of 2.


Print Page


LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs