Most of us Indians would prefer this spicy Cornflakes mixture to the plain cornflakes and milk breakfast!;-)
Cornflakes cha Chiwda
Cornflakes Trail Mix
4-5 cups plain cornflakes such as Kellogg's
1/2 cup cashew halves (roasted)
1/2 cup peanuts (roasted)
1/4 cups raisins
salt to taste
1 tsp sugar
1/3 cup oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp asafoetida
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 springs of curry leaves, torn
1 tsp paprika
1. Heat oil in a wide and heavy bottomed saucepan.
2. Add the ingredients for tempering and switch the gas to low.
3. Add peanuts, cashews and raisins. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add cornflakes, sugar and salt.
5. Keep stirring till oil coats all the flakes.
6. Switch off the gas. Do not cover.
7. Pour in a wide plate lined with 2-3 paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
8. Store in an airtight container when the mixtures is at the room temperature.
1. If using raw cashews/peanuts, you may need to stir fry them longer so they get crispy.