Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Banana Peppers Chutney

 
I made this chutney when I had a bounty of Banana Peppers. This chutney served as an accompaniment as well as a cooking ingredient. I loved this different shade of green.



Banana Peppers chi Chutney
Ingredients
12-15 banana peppers
salt to taste
1 fresh lemon, squeezed

Method
1. Wash and air-dry peppers and lemon.
2. In a small jar of the food processor, process cut peppers with salt and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
3. Store in an airtight bottle. Refrigerate.

Note -
1. Banana peppers are mild. So this chutney was pretty mild. You can add some spicy Chile to the above mixture or make chutney with only fiery chilies if you desire hot hot chutney.
2. I use mini Cuisinart food processor for this recipe and use "Chop" button instead of "grind" to get a coarse texture.
3. I use this chutney as an accompaniment or even as a green chili paste in my cooking.


Print Page

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs