Tuesday, November 27, 2012
My refrigerator created this recipe! I had some leftover appe batter, frozen chaat chutneys and leftover chhole. I decided to put everything together to make a hodgepodge - "Appe/Pakodi Chaat".
1 recipe Appe
1 recipe chhole
1 recipe chaat chutneys [red, green and brown]
1 recipe sweetened yogurt [Mix yogurt with a pinch of salt and a spoonful of sugar]
1/4 cup finely minced red onion
2 tbsp finely minced cilantro
1 cup Sev
A generous pinch of chaat masala
1. Arrange chhole in an individual serving bowl or plate.
2. Squeeze some lemon juice and mix.
3. Place 4-5 appe per serving plate.
4. Drizzle some more chhole on top.
5. Place a dollop of sweetened yogurt.
6. Drizzle chaat chtuneys all over per preference.
7. Sprinkle onion, sev and cilantro. Sprinkle a generous pinch of chaat masala.
1. You may dunk the appe after frying in the water and squeeze out the water and then add to the plate. But I didn't follow this step.