My grandmother used to make an awesome green chili pickle which was famous within our family and friends. My mom simplified that pickle. I will surely blog about my grandmother's pickle as time permits. Let's savor the simplified pickle today.
Mirchiche LoNche - Simple Method
15-20 long green chilies, cut into 2" rounds
3 key limes
1 tsp or to taste salt
3 tbsp oil
1 tbsp Mustard Seeds
1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds
1/2 tsp Asafoetida
1.2 tsp Turmeric powder
1. Rinse the green chilies. Dry them completely. Cut them into 2" rounds. Set aside.
2. Add salt and mix well.
3. Heat oil in a small saucepan - preferably an iron saucepan.
4. Add all the ingredients. Switch off the gas. Let the tempered oil cool down completely.
5. Pour the cooled, tempered oil over the chilies.
6. Squeeze limes or lemons as needed.
7. Use within a week.
1. Use this pickle next day so the chilies are marinated in the pickle juices.
2. Store the unused portion in the refrigerator.