I am planning to celebrate summer's bounty from my veggie patch this week. Let's savor banana peppers today.
12-15 mild banana peppers, slit
Roast and Grind
1/4 cup puffed chanadaal/Pandharpuri DaaLe
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/8 tsp fenugreek seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
4-5 fenugreek seeds
1. Rinse and dry banana peppers.
2. Make a slit, taking care not to halve the peppers. Deseed the peppers carefully.
3. Roast the ingredients one after the other without adding oil. Powder, mix in salt and set aside.
4. Stuff the roasted powder into the peppers.
5. Heat oil in a wide saucepan. Add mustard seeds, asafoetida and fenugreek. As they sizzle, add stuffed chilies in a single layer.
6. Sprinkle some water if needed. Cover and let it cook for 15-20 minutes.
7. Squeeze a lemon.
1. This dish is served as an accompaniment with the daily meal.