I was looking for a new recipe for cookies without too much butter. I came across this recipe from allrecipes.com for Persian Walnut Cookies. It didn't have any butter so I decided to try it.
Persian Walnut Cookies
1 1/2 cup finely ground walnuts
3 egg yolks
3/4 cups sugar
1 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp rose water
1 tbsp grated lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Mix all the above ingredients to forn a dough.
3. Roll into spoonful of balls. Flatten them slightly.
4. Place them 2" apart onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes
6. Let them cool in the sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to the wire rack to cool further.
1. I have reduced the amount of cardamom (1 tbsp in the original recipe) and added grated lemon zest to get the fresh flavor.
2. The cookies are soft.
3. Please check the original recipe below for more info.