A simple stir fry with cabbage, ginger and leeks.
Kobij nu aaduwalu shaak
Cabbage with ginger
1 small cabbage, shredded
1 stalk of leek, chopped
salt to taste
A pinch of sugar
1/2 tsp mild chili powder/paprika
1/2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tbsp grated ginger
1. Heat oil in a nonstick kadai. Add all the ingredients for tempering. Saute for 1 minute.
2. Add cabbage and leek stalk. Saute for 5 minutes.
3. Add paprika, salt, sugar. Keep on sauteing sprinkling water in between if needed
1. Instead of leeks, you can use 2 stalks of spring onions.
2. Sometimes I prepare the same shaak using"Savoy Cabbage".