Sunday, July 29, 2012

Fast & Fresh Apricot-Peach Icecream




I must admit that I got little carried away at Costco, a fortnight back and got a huge pack of apricots. I really thought that they will get over quickly.  If I hadn't used them yesterday, they would have to be thrown into  the trash can. So I was searching for the recipes frantically. I remembered an Indian dessert "Khubani ka meetha" - but I think it needs dry apricots. I could have tweaked the recipe and used fresh ones, but I wanted something quick that doesn't need too much work. I thought about Natural's apricot -peach ice-cream and thought I can tweak my recipe of ice cream. But looks like I was lazier than my usual self, yesterday. I chanced upon this recipe for the fast and fresh apricot ice cream. It was perfect for a lazy day. :-D

Fast & Fresh Apricot - Peach Icecream
Ingredients
1 quart vanilla ice-cream
1 lb apricots
1 peach (Optional)
sugar to taste (optional)

Method
1. Peel and deseed apricots and peach . Dice them.
2. Keep 1/4 cup small chunks aside and process the remaining fruit chunks with ice cream. Process using food processor or blender. Stir in the fruit pieces.
3. Taste and add more sugar if needed.
4. Freeze.

Note -
1. If apricot/peaches are too sweet, you may not need additional sugar. Do taste before adding and adjust accordingly.
2. I added a peach just because I had it and I tried to recreate Naturals flavor. You can skip it.

Credits
California Apricots

Print Page

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs