It's hot, hot, hot here!! So here's my chance to try out the bookmarked summer special recipes. I had bookmarked "Avocado Gelato" from epicurious.com. I especially liked it as it doesn't have any heavy cream but avocado with its good fat, makes this gelato very creamy.
1 3/4 cups whole milk
1/2 cup sugar
3 strips Orange zest
2 tbsp corn starch
1/4 cup whole milk
2 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
1 vitamin C tablet, crushed
1/4 cup sugar
Need - Ice Cream maker
1. Simmer milk, sugar and orange zest in a heavy bottomed pan.
2. Whisk cornstarch and milk and pour over simmering milk.
3. Boil it for 1 minute. Discard the orange zest. Let it cool down completely in the fridge.
4. Blend avocado pieces, sugar and vitamin C tablet.
5. Add completely chilled milk mixture and blend again.
6. Add it to the ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
7. Pour in the freezer safe container and freeze for 1 hour.
8. Serve & Enjoy!!
1. My guess is vitamin C tablet is added so avocado doesn't get discolored. Any more guesses?