I was blessed to eat this wonderful chicken preparation made my friend's mother in law.
Serve this regional delicacy with Ghadichya Polya.
Kolhapuri Suka Chicken
Chicken Dry Curry
1.1 lb or 1/2 kg boneless, skinless chicken, cut into pieces
salt to taste
Grind to paste
2" Ginger, Peeled & chopped
4 - 6 cloves garlic, peeled
2-3 green chilies (more or less per heat)
Grind to paste
*18 cashews, soaked in water for at least 2 hours
*Cashew paste from soaked & drained cashews
2 tbsp heavy cream/malai/saay
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 cups chopped onion
1 cup chopped tomato
1 tbsp Kolhapuri Masala/chutney (Add more or less based on your preference)
1 tbsp cilantro/coriander leaves, chopped
Lemon & onion wedges
1. Marinate chicken with ginger-green chili-garlic paste. Mix and refrigerate till ready to use.
2. Whisk cashew paste with cream and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a kadai. Add turmeric powder and onion. Saute till onion is soft.
4. Add tomatoes. Saute till they are pulpy.
5. Now add Kolhapuri masala. Saute for 5 minutes.
6. Now add marinated chicken. Saute adding sprinkles of water from time to time till the chicken is cooked.
7. Add salt to taste, cashew and cream mixture.
8. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Switch off the gas and cover with a lid till ready to use.
9. Garnish with cilantro just before serving.
1. Check if Kolhapuri masala has salt in it and adjust salt accordingly.
2. If you do not have Kolhapuri masala, use 1 1/2 tsp garam masala and 1 tsp paparika and 1/2 tsp spicy chili powder.