Thursday, June 7, 2012

Cilantro Hummus



I love hummus but I wanted a recipe without adding too much tahini. So I used to make hummus without adding tahini but it used to be thick and dryish. This issue was resolved when I came across Rip Esselstyn's Engine 2 Diet recipe for hummus. [ I watched it on a DVD]  Rip advises of using a can of garbanzo beans along with its liquid and grind it to make hummus. I followed that method and added my own twists to make this Cilantro Hummus. [ I have also made Curry Hummus, Roasted Bell Pepper Hummus, Sun-Dried tomato hummus using the same method]

This hummus also goes well with sliced bread to make sandwiches or even with dosa and idli if you like.

Cilantro Hummus
Inspired by Rip Esselstyn's Hummus Recipe
Ingredients
1 can organic garbanzo beans
salt to taste
1 cup cilantro
2-3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 lemon, freshly squeezed or as needed
2 green chilies (optional)

Method
1. Grind all the ingredients together.
2. Serve as an accompaniment with pita or as a spread/dip with dosa, idli, sliced bread etc.

Note -
1. You can use the same basic recipe and instead of cilantro, add mint, roasted bell pepper, curry powder, sun dried tomato etc to make variations.

Credits
Engine 2 Diet by Rip Esselstyn

Print Page

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs