Thursday, June 28, 2012

Banana Chips/wafers - my way

I think I created microwave potato chips after flipping through the pages of a health magazine. (don't remember exactly which one but could be cooking light or Prevention?) Ever since, this is how I make potato chips to be served with my burger. Last time when I used Yukon gold potato, it had a nice yellow hue. Gudiya thought that they were banana chips. and hearing that I thought to myself, why not try to make banana chips in the microwave?

So here's what I did that worked for us.

Banana Chips/Wafers
1 raw plantain, peeled & cut into uniformly thin slices
Cooking spray such as Pam

Salt to taste

1. Peel and cut plantain into thin slices. Uniformly thin slices is they key to achive the desired result.
2. Spray the cooking spray over microwaveable round plate.
3. Place the plantain chips around the circumference of the plate. Spray again over the chips

4. Microwave for 3 minutes.
5. Check that the chips are not getting burnt. Microwave again for 2 more minutes total - by adding 30 seconds gradually. (that means increment cooking time every 30 seconds 4 times)

6. Check for doneness. Let it stand in the microwave for 1 minute.
7. Place in a container. Sprinkle salt and shake.
8. Keep aside for 2 minutes and serve the crispy snack.

Note -
1. Do not keep the raw plantain chips at the center of the plate as they will get burnt fast.

Print Page


LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs