My mom's Methichi bhaaji is exactly similar to VaLutlya Methichi bhaaji. However, since there is a difference between the flavor and texture of two fenugreek vegetables, the result has a different taste.
Fenugreek Leaves Stir Fry
1 Bunch of Fresh fenugreek Leaves
salt to taste
A pinch of sugar
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 cup chopped onion
2-3 green chilies, slit
1 smallish potato, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp freshly scraped coconut
1. Pluck the leaves of the fresh methi/fenugreek. Rinse it thoroughly. Chop the leaves roughly
2. Heat oil in a kadhai. Add the tempering ingredients.
3. As the onion gets soft and potato is cooked, add chopped fenugreek leaves.
4. Sprinkle some water. Cover with a lid. Pour some water on top of the lid.
5. Let it cook on medium heat.
6. Add salt after the greens are cooked. Add a pinch of sugar.
7. Garnish with fresh coconut.
1. Always add salt after the greens are cooked. Generally after cooking, the greens get wilted and result in very small amount.
2. Mom says it's okay not to add mustard seeds in this recipe as well. In that case first add onion and green chilies and then add turmeric powder in the tempering. Stir for few minutes and then add the potato.