Saturday, May 19, 2012

Lobster Dry Curry

I have never eaten lobster in India. But I do know that it goes by the name "ShevanD" in Marathi and I know several lobster recipes. My mom and aunts have told me the stories about succulent lobster curries.
When I had gone to Costco, I saw lobster meat pack. So I decided to revive some old family recipes.

Shevandanche Bhujne
Lobster Stir Fry

2 cups lobster meat, cooked (I used it from Costco)
1 tbsp Malvani Masala
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3-4 kokums or 1/2 tsp tamarind pulp

1 tbsp oil
3-4 cloves
1 bayleaf
4 black peppercorns
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
2 tsp garlic paste or minced garlic
1/2 tsp turmeric powder

1/4 cup freshly scraped coconut
1/4 cup minced cilantro

1. Heat oil in a saucepan.
2. Add whole spices. As they sizzle, add onion, turmeric powder and garlic
3. Saute till onion is soft.
4. Add marinated lobster meat.Saute till all the liquid is evaporated.
5. Stir in coconut and cilantro/coriander leaves
6. Serve with Rice Bhakri

Note -
1. Since cooked lobster meat is used, reduce the cooking time accordingly.
Print Page


LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs