What is "Kolhapuri" in the good, old koshimbeer - you might ask? Well, I agree - Koshimbeer is a koshimbeer after all. But over the years, I have collected so many recipes from friends and family, that I use my own prefixes and suffixes to differentiate. Now, when we make Koshimbeer, we don't add chili powder in it - so that's one factor which stands out in today's recipe.
1 carrot, peeled & grated or chopped
1 small cucumber, peeled & chopped
1 small white daikon radish/muLa, peeled & grated or chopped
1 small bunch of VaLutli Methi
1 cup yellow corn, steamed and cooled
1/2 of small red onion chopped
1 tomato, chopped
salt to taste
Generous pinch of chaat masala (as desired)
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 lemon, freshly squeezed
1. Prepare the veggies by peeling/chopping/grating.
2. Mix all veggies together.
3. Add salt, chaat masala, chili powder.
4. Squeeze fresh lemon
5. Mix well. Serve as an accompaniment
1. Chaat masala has rock salt so adjust salt accordingly.
2. Instead of yellow corn, freshly shelled green peas can also be used.