Call it "Kaachrya", "Kaap" or "Fodi", these shallow fried vegetable fritters add a delicious twist to the daily simple meal. Serve it with rice and simple daal (VaraN, Daali Tauy or Daalichi Amti)
1 medium arvi/maadi/aLaKund/Taro Root
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
salt to taste
1 tbsp rice flour + 1 tbsp fine rawa
Oil for shallow frying
1. Peel the root, clean and dry completely. It's little slimey.
2. Cut into thick rounds.
3. Sprinkle salt, chili powder, asafoetida and turmeric powder.
4. Dredge into rice flour and rawa mixture.
5. Heat a tawa or pan.
6. Shallow fry on both sides adding oil as necessary.
7. Drain on a kitchen napkin before serving.
1. You can add little chili powder, salt in the rice flour mixture to give an extra taste.
2. Any root vegetables like potato, yam, sweet potato or even eggplants, raw tomatoes, bitter gourd, breadfruit , mushrooms can be used for making these fritters.