1 lb prawns/shrimp, peeled & deveined
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (optional)
salt to taste
1/2 tsp Chinese All Spice Powder
few drops of soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 tsp paprika or mild chili powder
1/4 cup cilantro chopped
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp corn starch
salt to taste (remember you have added salt to shrimp already)
1 tbsp green onion/scallion, chopped
1. Heat oil in a wok.
2. Add ginger and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes
3. Add cilantro, paprika. Saute for 30 seconds.
4. Add marinated shrimp/prawns.
5. Fry for few minutes till shrimp are cooked.
6. Add corn starch mixture.
7. Stir till it thickens a little.
8. Garnish with scallion.
9. Serve with fried rice or steamed white rice.
1. Mince ginger and garlic very finely.
2. Though, turmeric powder is not really needed, I use it to add some antioxidant boost to all my culinary creations.