Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Prawns Manchurian

I do not know if people from Manchuria region eat this stuff? Is it really authentic? But I do know that people from India, love this Indo-Chinese classic. When my aunt first created this recipe at home, I remember it eating with chapatis!!;-D

This is my take -

Prawns Manchurian
Ingredients
1 lb prawns/shrimp, peeled & deveined
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (optional)
salt to taste
1/2 tsp Chinese All Spice Powder
few drops of soy sauce

Tempering
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 tsp paprika or mild chili powder
1/4 cup cilantro chopped

Whisk together
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp corn starch
salt to taste (remember you have added salt to shrimp already)

Garnish
1 tbsp green onion/scallion, chopped

Method
1. Heat oil in a wok.
2. Add ginger and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes
3. Add cilantro, paprika. Saute for 30 seconds.
4. Add marinated shrimp/prawns.
5. Fry for few minutes till shrimp are cooked.
6. Add corn starch mixture.
7. Stir till it thickens a little.
8. Garnish with scallion.
9. Serve with fried rice or steamed white rice.

Note-
1. Mince ginger and garlic very finely.
2. Though, turmeric powder is not really needed, I use it to add some antioxidant boost to all my culinary creations.


Print Page

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs