2 cups leftover patrodao, chopped
salt to taste
1/4 cup water
2 tsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp asafeotida
2-3 red chilies, torn
2 tbsp fresh coconut (optional)
1. Heat oil in a saucepan.
2. Add the tempering ingredients
3. As they splutter, add chopped patroda. Saute for 2 minutes.
4. Sprinkle some salt - remember patroda already has salt - and water.
5. Cover and let it cook for 5-7 minute.
6. Let the water evaporate.
7. Garnish with coconut - if using.
8. Serve as a side dish with the main meal of plain rice and DaaLi Tauy.
1. Please do not substitute paatra or aluvadi for this recipe as patroda though made from colcasia/taro leaves is a different preparation.