1. Clean, Rinse and soak daal and rice in enough water to submerge. Soak for at least 1 hour.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker or pressure handi.
3. Add the ingredients for tempering. As they sizzle, add drained daal and rice. Saute for 2 minutes.
4. Add all the veggies, powders and salt. Add 4 cups water.
5. Close the lid and pressure cook for 4-5 whistles.
6. Let the pressure drop of its own.
7. Serve hot khichdi with yogut or buttermilk/chaas or kadhi or ghee
1. You can use yellow moong daal or a combimation or massor and moong daal.
2. This khichdi has a watery consistency but it thickens as time goes by.