Monday, March 26, 2012
Bottle gourd and vadi makes a nice combo for a quick daily meal.
Dudhi Ane Vadi nu Shaak
Bottlegourd Stir Fry
1 small bottle gourd/dudhi/peeled and cut to pieces
1/2 cup moong daal vadis
2 tsp coriander-cumin powder
1/2 tsp paprika
salt to taste
1 tsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp ginger-green chili paste
1. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add all the ingredients for tempering.
2. As they sizzle add vadies and saute for 2-3 minutes.
3. Now add bottle gourd pieces, coriander-cumin powder and paprika
4. Add 1 cup water. Switch the gas to low. Cover with a lid.
5. Let it cook till soft. Add more water if needed.
6. Add salt to taste.
7. Serve with hot roTlas.
1. You can fry vadies in oil before adding to the curry. I avoid this step to save on calories/oil. The vadies cooked nicely in the curry itself.