Cauliflower is often paired with potatoes, or green peas or even daal. But I have never seen Cauliflower paired with lima beans. When my mom was visiting last time, she made this delicious combo. We all loved it.
Cauliflower - Lima Beans Bhaaji
1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets, soak in water
1 cup fresh/frozen lima beans
salt to taste
A pinch of sugar
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 fresh green chilies, slit
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
2 tbsp freshly scraped coconut (optional)
Limbache goade loNche
1. Heat oil in a kadai. Add the tempering ingredients.
2. As they sizzle, add drained cauliflower florets. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add Lima beans and 2 tbsp water.
4. Cover the kadai with a lid. Add water to the lid. Switch gas to medium low.
5. Let it cook till cauliflower is cooked.
6. Add salt and sugar - if using.
7. Garnish with cilantro and coconut - if using.
1. Generally after cutting into florets, cauliflower is immersed in salted water.