Ragi Flour Cookies
1/4 cup Shortening (I used Sprectum brand)
1/3 cup sugar
2 tbsp yogurt
1 cup ragi/nachni flour
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
A pinch of salt
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1. Beat shortening, sugar and yogurt together.
2. Add dry mixture carefully
3. Beat to make a dough consistency.
4. Preheat oven to 350 F
5. Make uniform balls. Pat them to make small discs
6. Bake in the oven for 16 - 18 minutes.
1. Since these cookies do not have all purpose flour or wheat flour, they have a distinct Ragi flavor. It may be an acquired taste.
2. The above proportion gave me about 2 dozen small nankatais.