Kolhapuri Doodh Cold-Drink
Milk shake from Kolhapur
2 cups milk (whole milk preferred for richer taste)
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp custard powder (preferably vanilla flavored
1 cup vanilla ice cream
1. Mix 1/4 cup cold milk with custard powder. Set aside.
2. Bring remaining milk and sugar to boil. Switch the gas to low, add custard powder paste.
3. Keep stirring till it is thick.
4. Refrigerate till cold.
5. Right before serving, blend with vanilla ice cream and serve.
1. You can add more milk if the mixture is too thick after blending.
2. For richer taste, use whole milk. But I used skim milk as custard powder makes it thick anyway.