Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Kolhapuri Doodh Cold-drink

I tasted this unique sounding milkshake at my friend's place. As always, she beamed with pride explaining that it's a special drink from "her" Kolhapur. ;-) Well, I know that feeling, I think I do the same when I talk of "my" Mumbai!;-)  Of course, I was ready with my tiny recipe diary that I carry in my purse wherever I go!

Kolhapuri Doodh Cold-Drink
Milk shake from Kolhapur
Ingredients
2 cups milk (whole milk preferred for richer taste)
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp custard powder (preferably vanilla flavored

1 cup vanilla ice cream


Method
1. Mix 1/4 cup cold milk with custard powder. Set aside.
2. Bring remaining milk and sugar to boil. Switch the gas to low, add custard powder paste.
3. Keep stirring till it is thick.
4. Refrigerate till cold.
5. Right before serving, blend with vanilla ice cream and serve.



Notes -
1. You can add more milk if the mixture is too thick after blending.
2. For richer taste, use whole milk. But I used skim milk as custard powder makes it thick anyway.




Print Page

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs