Chora ni Daal ni Vadi
1 big cucumber, grated, squeeze out water as much as possible
1 cup chora daal, soak for 2-3 hours, drained and ground coarsely
salt to taste
1/2 tsp asafoetida
1 tsp green chili-ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1. Soak chora daal for 2-3 hours. Drain and grind coarsely with asafoetida, chili-ginger paste, garlic and salt.
2. Do not use water for grinding.
3. Stir in grated cucumber. Squeeze out as much water as possible.
4. Spread a cloth in the backyard or a terrace or a deck, making sure that it's a very sunny day. [and cows are not around!!!!!;-)
5. Drop half a spoonful of batter. Let it dry completely till it's crisp. You may have to keep it in sunshine for at least 3 days. Take it in during nights.
6. After it is completely dry with no drop of moisture, store in an airtight container and use as needed
1. I have not yet ventured into making these vadies. We make something similar called "SaanDge" in Maharashtra using kohLa or ash gourd. The recipe is different. I will share it soon.