Okra is my most favorite vegetable. Todays recipe is from the South Canara GSB kitchens.
2 cups chopped okra/ladies fingers/bhendi/bhenda, both ends cut
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp asafoetida
2-3 red chilies, halved
1/2 tsp urad daal
1. Heat oil in preferably an iron kadai or nonstick wok.
2. Add all the ingredients for tempering.
3. As daal changes the color to reddish, add cut okra. Stir fry till it is cooked.
4. Add salt to taste and fresh coconut to garnish.
5. Serve with daali tauy and plain rice.