Thursday, February 9, 2012
Boiled potato is always handy. There are just limitless possibilities. For serving as a salad, try making gojju or this kismoor. Simple and delicious!
Amma's Batatya Kismoor
2 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled lightly mashed
1/4 cup finely chopped red/purple onion
2 green chilies, finely chopped
salt to taste
2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida/hing
1 red chili, halved
2 sprigs curry leaves, torn
1. Mix all the ingredients except tempering.
2. Heat coconut oil in a small saucepan. Add the tempering ingredients.
3. Drizzle the sizzling oil over the salad. Mix well.
4. Serve as an accompaniment with daaLi tauy, rice and any upkari.
1. You can chop the potatoes if you like. The recipes says to mash it "lightly". So do not make a mush. You should be able to see the pieces of potatoes.
2. For the authentic flavor, coconut oil is a must.