upaasachi bhoplyachi bhaaji. I have modified the original recipe by not using toop/ghee/clarified butter, adding turmeric powder and shredded spinach. I also used pressure cooker. I served this stew over cooked quinoa for a hearty meal.
1/2 cup raw, unsalted peanuts, soaked for 4 hours
4 cups butternut squash chunks, peeled
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
salt to taste
1 cup water
2 green chilies, slit (optional)
2 cups shredded spinach
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp shredded/grated ginger
1. Soak raw peanuts in a bowl of water for at least 4 hours.
2. In a pressure cooker, add peanuts, cumin seeds, spinach, turmeric powder, ginger, green chilies - if using and water.
3. Pressure cook for 3 whistles. Open the lid when steam is released completely.
4. Add 2 cups water, butternut squash and salt. Bring to boil and simmer till the squash is cooked.
5. Adjust the consistency adding more water or letting it evaporate to make it thick.
6. Served on the bed of cooked quinoa.
7. Serve with a wedge of lemon.
1. Butternut squash cooks quickly so I didn't add it along with the peanuts in the pressure cooker. If you want it to have mushy squash, you could add it with peanuts.