1/4 cup urad daal
1/4 cup chana daal
1/4 cup green peas daal/split green peas
1/4 cup brown rice
You will also need
salt to taste
1/4 cup minced onion
few green chilies, chopped (optional)
A handful of Arugula leaves
1. Soak all the daals and rice overnight or for 6 - 8 hours
2. Drain. Grind to a smooth paste adding water as needed. Add salt. Cover and keep it for fermentation.
3. Stir in onion and green chilies.
4. Heat a tawa/pan. Pour a ladleful of batter to make a thick dosa. Top with some arugula leaves.
5. Drizzle oil as needed. Cover and let it cook.
6. Once cooked, you can serve it as it or flip on the other side and cook for another minute or so.
1. Arugula cooks quickly.
2. If the batter doesn't ferment or you want to use it immediately after grinding, you can add a pinch of baking soda.