Tutti Frutti Cake
1 large or 2 medium oranges, make 1 tsp orange zest and 1/2 cups orange juice
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs, at room temperature
4 tbsp butter, melted
4 oz cream cheese (optional)
*1 tsp orange zest
* 1/2 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
You will also need
2 cups chopped tutti frutti
1. Preheat oven 350 F
2. Grease 5 mini loaf pans.
3. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
4. Using an electric beater, beat eggs, butter and cream cheese - if using.
5. Add orange zest and juice. Beat again till creamy.
6. Add egg mixture to dry flour mixture. Mix well.
7. Add tutti fruiti and mix.
8. Pour into the greased mini loaf pans. Using a knife make sure that the batter is distributed evenly.
9. Bake for 50 minutes.
10. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes.
11. Cool completely on a wire rack.
12. Refrigerate and then cut into pieces.
1. Cream cheese is an optional ingredient.
2. When chillied, it's easier to cut uniformly.