Sunday, December 4, 2011
Khasiyat is a paratha place in Vileparle west. We love their paratha platter. I tried to recreate it in my kitchen.
Paneer Paratha - 5 count
Indian Cottage Cheese Flatbread
2 cups wheat flour
salt to taste
water as needed
1 tsp oil
Rice flour for dredging
oil for roasting
1 cup paneer/Indian cottage cheese, grated
2 tbsp minced red onion
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
A pinch of chaat masala
A pinch of garam masala
1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
2 tbsp minced cilantro/coriander leaves
1 green chili, minced (optional)
1. Knead wheat flour with salt, adding water carefully as needed. Keep kneading till the dough does not stick to your hands. Add spoonful of oil and knead some more. Cover and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients for the stuffing and set aside.
3. Make 5 uniform balls from the dough. Divide the stuffing into 5 parts.
4. Using rice flour for dredging, roll the dough ball into a thick disk. Spoon the stuffing mixture in the middle. Bring all the sides of the disc together to form a ball. Dredge into rice flour. and roll into a thick paratha.
5. Heat iron tawa/griddle/pan. Add rolled paratha and roast on both sides adding oil as needed.
6. Repeat the same procedure for the remaining balls.
1. I use less oil for kneading the dough.
21, Dashrathlal Joshi Road, Vile Parle (W), Vile Parle West , Mumbai