Wednesday, December 14, 2011
I had heard about this Gujarati dish called "Paatra Chaat". I have no idea how it is made. But after finding chaat chutney, paatra roll (aLuwadi in Marathi) in the freezer and some Kashi 7 grain pita crisps in the pantry, I thought of making this paatra chaat for the Sunday supper.
1 roll of paatra or aLuwadi (readymade will work too)
Kashi plain pita crisps or puris used in chaat
Sweetened yogurt - Whisk together
1/2 cup yogurt
sugar to taste
salt to taste
Multipurpose chaat chutney
Nylon sev, as needed
Generous pinch of chaat masala
Minced cilantro/coriander leaves
Hot chili sauce such as Sriracha
1. Thaw and microwave paatra rolls. Let them come to room temperature. Cut into 2 or 4 pieces so they can fit on the cracker, pita chip or puri.
2. Drizzle multi purpose chaat chutney over paatra.
3.Drizzle sweetened yogurt.
4. Sprinkle nylon sev.
5. Add a dash of hot sauce such as Sriracha
6. Sprinkle cilantro and chaat masala
7. Serve immediately.
1. Never make chaat too much in advance.
2. Do not deep fry paatra. Otherwise it will be too oily.