Monday, December 12, 2011
I feel that a Bundt Cake pan just elevates the ordinary cake onto a pedestal level. I was looking for a simple semi-homemade recipe with Orange Marmalade. Betty Crocker's website has a recipe for "Orange Pound Cake". I more or less followed the recipe but used orange marmalade. The result was really good.
Orange Marmalade Bundt Cake
From Bettry Crocker.com
1 pack Betty Crocket Yellow cake mix
1 cup milk (I used 2%)
3 large eggs
1/4 cup oil
1/2 packet mascarpone cheese
2 tbsp orange marmalade
Few drops of orange extract (optional)
For a Glaze
2 tbsp orange juice
Generous 2 tbsp powdered sugar to sprinkle
1. Preheat oven to 325 F
2. Make cake batter using the instructions on the back of the packet. Use milk instead of water and use 1/4 cup oil.
3. Stir in orange marmalade and beat again to make a smooth batter.
4. Grease your bundt cake pan. Pour the batter uniformly.
5. Bake for about 40 mins or till if the skewer inserted comes out clean.
6. Let the cake cool down in the pan for 10 minutes.
7. Invert onto a serving plate.
8. Let it cool down completely - about an hour.
9. Drizzle orange juice all over the cake.
10. Add powdered sugar into a wired mesh sieve (gaaLNe in Marathi). Sprinkle the sugar all over the cake.
11. ENJOY! :-D
1. I didn't bother to make the real glaze by heating orange juice with sugar. But you can try it.