I made it and it turned out really good. I liked it as it was a cookie recipe without any added butter.
However, I had a slight problem. Whenever anything special was made, we used to always share with our neighbors in Mumbai. and suddenly in my apartment building I felt very lonely. It was just my husband and I then, with 3 dozens of cookies. We hardly knew any neighbors. It was a strange feeling to eat all by ourselves. So those cookies lasted us almost a life time.
1 package (14oz) coconut flakes
2/3 cup sugar
6 tbsp flour
1/4 tsp salt
4 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix coconut, sugar, flour and salt in a big bowl.
2. Stir in egg whites and vanilla extract.
3. Line cookie sheets with a wax paper.
4. Drop cookie dough using a scoop. Keep enough space between the cookies
5. Bake 325 F for about 20 minutes or till the edges of the cookies are golden brown.