Cumin scented Quinoa
1 cup quinoa
salt to taste
1/2 cup frozen green peas
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp ghee/toop/clarified butter
1 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
1 tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)
1. Cook quinoa according to the instructions on the back of the packet. Use double the amount of water.
2. Let it cool down completely.
3. Heat oil and ghee in a saucepan.
4. Add cloves, bay leaf and cumin seeds. As they sizzle, and cumin seeds change the color, stir in cooked & cooled quinoa.
5. Add salt to taste. Mix well.
6. Stir in frozen green peas.
7. Cover and let it cook for 7-8 minutes on a medium low flame.
8. Garnish with cilantro - if using.
1. This is a very simple and bland quinoa dish. So serve with a spicy curry of your choice. I served it with shrimp curry.