Friday, December 2, 2011

Chicken Mayo Roll



This is the most common roll available in Bandra Bakeries. I must confess that I never liked it as I find it very bland. But I knew that Gudiya would enjoy it. So I made it and it was an instant hit.

Chicken Mayo Roll
Ingredients
2 hot dog buns (I used whole wheat)
1/2 cup grilled/roasted/baked chicken, shredded/cut into pieces
2 tbsp shredded lettuce (optional)

Whisk together
1/2 cup Mayonnaise (I used olive oil based spectrum brand)
1 tsp Dijon mustard (I used whole foods brand)
A pinch of salt
A pinch of black pepper, freshly ground
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tsp sugar or 1/2 tsp agave nectar

Method
1. Whisk the ingredients together to make salad dressing.
2. Add grilled chicken pieces and lettuce - if using.
3. Stuff into hot dog buns.
4. Wrap into a plastic/saran wrap
5. Serve at room temperature.

Note -
1. Do not make add lettuce if made too much in advance as it may make it too watery.
2. Adjust mustard per your liking. It can be pungent if added in excess.




Print Page

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs