Arborio Rice. I have changed the recipe to suit to our taste.
1 cut butternut squash (10 oz frozen)
1 cup raw quinoa
salt and black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 cup chopped onion
Grilled Chipotle Salmon
1. Cook quinoa according to the manufacturer's instructions. Let it cool down. Set aside.
2. Microwave butternut pieces adding spoonful of water for about 3 minutes - as instructed on the back of the packet. Let it cool down. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a saucepan or a wok.
4. Add cumin seeds and turmeric powder. Saute for 30 seconds. Add onion. Fry for 5 minutes. Add ginger-garlic paste. Fry for 2 minutes.
5. Now stir in cooked and cooled quinoa. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Mix well.
6. Add butternut pieces. Stir gently taking care not to break the pieces.
7. Cook for 5 minutes. Cover. Switch off the gas.
You can add chili paste such as Sriracha to spice up this quinoa.