Ukadiche ThalipeeTh - count 4
Steamed Pat a Cake
1 1/4 cup water
1 tsp oil
salt to taste
1 cup ThalipeeTh bhajNi
1/2 cup minced onion
2-3 green chilies, minced
2 tbsp minced cilantro
Oil for roasting
1. Bring water to boil in a wide saucepan. Add oil and salt.
2. As it boils, switch the gas to low. Add thalipeeTh bhajNi mixture. Whisk with a fork so there are no lumps.
3. Switch off the gas. Cover. Let it cool down.
4. Knead the dough. Make 4 uniform balls.
5. Heat a griddle or tawa. Using wet hands, pat one ball at a time directly on the tawa. Make one or more holes. Drizzle oil into the holes. Cover and let it cook on one side.
6. Remove the lid. Let it cook on the other side.
7. Serve hot thalipeeth with white butter and or ketchup.
1. These thalipeeths are softer than usual thalipeeths.
2. You can also pat a disc on a saran wrap and then transfer it to the griddle.