Kobij na Bhujiya
4 cups finely shredded cabbage - angel hair coleslaw style
1 potato, peeled & diced
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
2 green chlies, minced
1/4 cup cilantro, minced
1/4 tsp ajmo/owa/ajowan/ajwain
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp asafoetida
salt to taste
1 1/2 cup besan/chickpea flour (or as needed)
1 tbsp rice flour
1 tbsp hot oil for moaN/mohan
Oil for deep frying
1. Mix together all the ingredients except oil
2. Add water carefully to make thick batter.
3. Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying.
4. Add 1 tbsp hot oil to the batter. Mix.
5. Add spoonful of batter to the hot oil to make fritters. Fry on both sides.
6. Drain on the kitchen towel for absorbing excess oil
7. Serve with chutney or tomato ketchup of your choice.
1. You can freeze these fritters for later use. I used half of these fritters for using bhujiyawali kadhi later.
2. Rice flour makes these bhujiyas crispy.
3. You can add more minced chilies if you prefer more heat.