Friday, November 25, 2011

Cranberry Salsa

Oh boy! It's very early morning here. I am wide awake not to go out for the black Friday sale but to check if it happened. I called my mom. I have this strange habit when He is playing. I can't watch Him play, I can't read the newspapers. Mom talked about everything else but Him. That was the clue. If it had had happened, mom's first sentence would have been about Sachin's century. I knew it. Just while keeping the phone down, mom said in a very low voice - "He got out at 94!"  Bummer!!

It's indeed a black Friday today!! I know it all sounds crazy. But it's all about Cricket. I can't help it. Though I am thousands of miles away from Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, I just can't help it. Oh dear! I can't even begin to imagine the pressure of representing your country with heavy expectations of 1 billion people and perform splendidly for over two decades. Here's wishing you, Sachin, the very best!!

Anyway, my blog has always helped me to cheer up when I am feeling low. So I think I better share today's recipe.

My best friend, Rakhee made this salsa when we celebrated Thanksgiving at her home few years ago. It was delicious. Rakhee has learnt this recipe from her aunt.

Cranberry Salsa
1 can Cranberry jelly (I used Whole Foods Organic Cranberry Jelly)
2 tbsp finely minced red onion
2 tbsp finely minced tomatoes
1 tbsp finely minced cilantro
salt to taste
2 tbsp Lime juice or as needed
1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
1/2 tbsp minced green chili (optional)

1. Mash the cranberry jelly with a fork.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients.
3. Serve immediately with tortilla or potato chips

Note -
1. Do not make too much in advance as it will turn watery.

Print Page


LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs