The basic recipe is inspired from the waffle recipe at the back of the Trader Joe's Multi grain baking and pancake mix.
Chunky Monkey Waffles
Inspired from Trader Joe's Pancake Mix
2 cups Trader Joe's Multi grain baking and pancake mix
2 overripe bananas, peeled & mashed with a fork
2 egg whites
2 tbsp flax powder
2 tbsp Almond butter
few drops of vanilla extract
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp chocolate chips
2 tbsp walnut bits
skim milk as needed
Oil spray for greasing the waffle iron
1. Preheat the waffle iron.
2. Mix all the ingredients to make a waffle batter.
3. Grease the waffle iron.
4. Cook per the waffle iron instructions.
5. Serve with syrup of your choice or agave nectar or honey
1. I used setting 3 for my waffles
2. This proportion gave me about 8 waffles. After serving the waffles, I froze the remaining waffles. They came pretty handy for an impromptu breakfast later.