Black Bean and Corn Salad
1/2 cup yellow corn
1/2 cup white corn
1 cup black beans/turtle beans, cooked or from the can
2 tbsp finely minced red onion
2 tbsp finely minced tomatoes
1 tbsp finely minced cilantro
1/2 tbsp finely minced chili (or as needed)
1 piece of orange bell pepper, finely minced (optional)
Handful of bluberries (optional)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp lemon zest
1 lemon, freshly squeezed
1. Mix all the ingredients together.
1. Blueberries and bell peppers are optional. I was trying to create a rainbow salad.
2. Omit green chili if you do not want any heat.
3. Serve as a salad or serve as a dip with chips.
4. You can use the leftovers to make black bean soup or stir in the cooked and cooled brown basmati rice for an impromptu black bean - rice salad. Serve this rice salad cold or at room temperature.