TaDgoLa is what we call Toddy Palm in Marathi. I discovered that it's available in the cans at the Chinese Markets. I picked two containers, placed them in the fridge. We used one container for just eating as is and the other, I used for making kulfi. Remember that these canned ones are immersed in heavy sugar syrup so I soak them in water to get rid of that cloying sweetness.
Toddy Palm Ice Cream
1 can Toddy Palms, drain heavy sugar syrup and soak in water
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Soak toddy palms in water for 1 hour. Drain and chop into small pieces. Keep some slices aside for garnish.
2. Mix condensed milk, evaporated milk and cream.
3. Stir in chopped toddy palm pieces.
4. Freeze in kulfi molds.
5. Cut into small circles and serve with some sliced pieces of toddy palms if desired.
1. Look for "Toddy" palm. There are also "Palm seeds" available in chinese markets which are much smaller in size comparatively.
2. Chop the toddy palms into small pieces else they may taste too icy.