this recipe for Chai Latte Cupcakes. I thought, these cupcakes might just work since Americans are increasingly getting fond of Chai Latte. I made a slight change in the recipe where I added green tea. [I repeated the same trick for my Kahva cupcakes too, but more about them later!]
Verdict - I think among all the cupcakes that I baked for the event, Chai Latte Cupcakes were the most popular among the crowd.
Chai Latte Cupcakes - (24 count)
1 packet Betty Crocker French Vanilla or White cake mix
3 tbsp instant Chai Latte Mix [I used Pacific Chai brand]
2 Green tea sachets [I used Matcha brand from Costco]
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tub Betty Crocker Cream cheese frosting
A generous pinch of cinnamon powder
A generous pinch of Chai Latte instant mix
1. Brew the green tea using 1 cup water per directions. I used 2 sachets of green tea. Let it cool down to room temperature.
2. Using electric blender, mix cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs, chai latte mix and cooled green tea.
3. Preheat oven 350 F. Bake cupcakes per directions on the back of the cake mix.
4. Let them cool down completely before frosting.
5. Frost the cupcakes using cream cheese or vanilla frosting.
6. Sprinkle cinnamon powder and chai latte mix on top.
1. Green tea mixture should be completely cooled off before adding to the cake mixture.
2. Do not frost the cupcakes unless they have completely cooled off.