Sunday, July 10, 2011

Indian Omelet

Nothing comes handy like a quick Omelet when you return home after a long trip. You can serve it with a plain bread or toasted bread. I have also eaten omelet with chapati at my friends' house. That tasted wonderful too. and then I also had eaten, omelet served with buttermilk and rice at other friend's house. I was a school girl then. I just had omelet without touching buttermilk and rice. I remember her grandmother was quite annoyed as I didn't eat buttermilk and rice.

Here's how I make it -

Indian  Omelet
Ingredients
4 eggs
splash of milk
1 small onion, chopped finely
2-3 green chilies, minced (more or less as required)
1 tbsp minced cilantro
salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp black pepper powder

oil for frying

Method
1. Mix onion, green chilies, salt, cilantro, pepper powder and turmeric powder in a mixing bowl.
2. Rinse eggs and break into the mixing bowls.
3. Add spoonful of milk and whisk the batter.
4. Heat a tawa or griddle or pan.
5. Pour a ladleful of batter. Drizzle some oil. Cover and let it cook.
6. Check after a minute or so. If it appears cooked, flip and cook on the other side, adding oil if needed.
7. Serve with bread or toasted bread and tomato ketchup

Note
1. You can make 4 small or 2 medium omelets with 4 eggs. I prefer very thin omelet but many people prefer fluffier version. You can decide per your taste.
2. When you mix onion with salt and other ingredients before adding eggs, you can taste and see if salt is enough. Do not taste batter containing raw eggs
3. Sometimes, I follow the same recipe to make egg whites omelet by using just egg whites.


Print Page

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs