Sunday, July 10, 2011
Here's how I make it -
splash of milk
1 small onion, chopped finely
2-3 green chilies, minced (more or less as required)
1 tbsp minced cilantro
salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
oil for frying
1. Mix onion, green chilies, salt, cilantro, pepper powder and turmeric powder in a mixing bowl.
2. Rinse eggs and break into the mixing bowls.
3. Add spoonful of milk and whisk the batter.
4. Heat a tawa or griddle or pan.
5. Pour a ladleful of batter. Drizzle some oil. Cover and let it cook.
6. Check after a minute or so. If it appears cooked, flip and cook on the other side, adding oil if needed.
7. Serve with bread or toasted bread and tomato ketchup
1. You can make 4 small or 2 medium omelets with 4 eggs. I prefer very thin omelet but many people prefer fluffier version. You can decide per your taste.
2. When you mix onion with salt and other ingredients before adding eggs, you can taste and see if salt is enough. Do not taste batter containing raw eggs
3. Sometimes, I follow the same recipe to make egg whites omelet by using just egg whites.