Yogurt with Chilies
1 1/2 cup yogurt, whisked
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
3-4 small, green chilies such as Thai bird chilies or Kolhapuri lavangi mirchi, stems removed, slit
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1. Whisk yogurt with salt and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add chilies and saute till chilies are crisp.
3. Take off the chilies and add to the yogurt.
4. In the same oil, add mustard seeds, asafoetida and turmeric powder.
5. As they sizzle, pour over the yogurt.
6. Stir together & serve as a chutney or salad with Indian meal.
1. You can increase or decrease the number of chilies based on your personal tolerance.
2. I used organic, low fat, plain yogurt
3. I have used Serrano peppers to make this dahi. Cayenne peppers can be used as well. The original recipe requires smaller chilies so more heat can be obtained. You can decide your own chilies.