Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cantaloupe Icecream


I was flipping through my recipe notes that I have collected over the years and I found this delicious fruity ice-cream recipe given to me by my friend. This is how her mom makes the ice-cream. I had a ripe cantaloupe at home so I used it and I was delighted to see the beautiful color and delicious taste. This ice-cream has just 5 ingredients and does not require an ice-cream maker.

Cantaloupe Ice-cream
Ingredients
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup ripe cantaloupe chunks
1 cup dry milk powder
1 cup sugar

Method
1. Blend cantaloupe chunks in a blender to a smooth paste.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients and blend again so everything is nicely incorporated.
3. Pour in a freezer safe container.
4. Freeze till set.
5. Serve & Enjoy!!

Note -
1. The original recipe called for fruit pulp so you can substitute any fruit pulp of your choice. If you use mango, you may need to add less sugar. In any case, first taste the fruit and if it's sugary sweet, then reduce the amount of sugar.
2. My friend's mom uses whole milk powder such as Nido (available at Indian stores). I used Carnation non fat dry milk powder.


Print Page

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs