A fancy name for paneer kababs! ;-)
Indian Cottage Cheese Kabobs
12 chunks of Indian cottage cheese/Paneer
12 chunks of tricolored bell peppers
1/2 cup hung yogurt or Greek yogurt
1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1/8 tsp ajwain/owa/ajmo/carrom seeds
1 tbsp tikka masala powder
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp paprika
salt if needed (check for salt content in the tikka masala powder)
A pinch of chaat masala
A pinch of amchoor powder
1. Whisk the ingredients for the marinade.
2. Pour over the cubes of paneers and bell peppers chunks
3. Set aside for 1 hour in a refrigerator
4. Preheat oven to 375 F
5. Thread paneer and bell pepper chunks alternately on a wooden bamboo skewer
6. Grill in the oven over a baking tray. Use oil spray such as Pam.
7. Let it bake for 10 minutes.
8. Turn over and bake again for 10 minutes.
9. Sprinkle some chaat masala and/or amchoor powder before serving.
1. Check for salt content in the tikka masala before adding.
2. Adjust your own baking time depending on your requirements.